Friday, August 21, 2015

CTHULHU, Lord of R'yleh






First attempt at CTHULHU that I am somewhat happy with... I get so bored with the uninspired versions of a man with an octopus for a head and some bat wings stuck on for laughs.
Cthulhu is described as being ...not composed altogether of flesh and blood. They had shape [...] but that shape was not made of matter...
I always recall an interesting demonstration by Carl Sagan on the show Cosmos, where he demonstrated what a two dimensional person would see if a three dimensional person entered their world... This is an extrapolation - what would we see in three dimensions of a creature that existed in four?
As for wings, I went with pterosaur wings, instead of the usual "dragon" wings, since I see Cthulhu using them in a more penguin-like fashion to swim under the ocean, rather than to fly in the air.
At Cthulhu's feet are the vanguard of an army of "Deep Ones", who worship Cthulhu and dominate the deep, now ready to dominate the land.

1 comment:

  1. This might be my all time favorite interpretation of Cthullu.

    ReplyDelete